the LCD watch

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

PAJARITO




On December 27th, just three days before the team arrived from Canada, I pruchased my new car. Well, new to me...it's a 1990 Suzuki Sidekick with 4x4. Cars are nearly double the price as at home beacuse all used cars are imported from the States. Everyone drives cars that are quite a bit older models beacuse the roads are full of potholes as well as they are easier to maintain without all the computer components. I am learning how to check all my fluid levels including water, brake,oil and Jose is going to give me lessons on how to change a tire because in most areas it isn't safe to ask for someone to help you so since noone at BCAA will take a call this far away, I guess I'm learning to do all these things on my own.

My car is affectionately known as Pajarito (which literally translates as Little Bird) because it began to sing to me soon after I bought it. Now it is as content as can be with it's new owner (& it has a new fanbelt) so it no longer sings but instead has taken to flying down the autopista like a gird birdie should do.

The middle picture is a bit hard to see but this was the first time we went 4x4n' together. When the team was here we were able to go to homes that we never could have reached in Jose's van which was the original plan. The timing was just perfect!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting to see your car!! I am soooo glad you have that. I am sure it must feel good to be more independent and use your time more efficiently. Those roads look vrey challenging!
Love you and miss you,
Mrs. Dee

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Nana Sharon said...

Hi Lana,
It is so great to see your little car. I am so glad it is working well for you. Wow, those roads look very challenging. I am so glad you have a 4 x 4!!

Love you,
Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home