the LCD watch

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Killing my first Chicken

Okay, I don't know if this is a right of passage for Missionaries, but on Friday, I killed my first chicken.
A team arrived from California so we made Arroz con Pollo (rice with chicken) for lunch, this is a favorite in Costa Rica. Nearly every fiesta I have been to, they have served Arroz con Pollo. Anyway, our chickens are very skinny (they actually are more for eggs and not for meat) so we needed four chickens. They kind of remind me of the rubber chicken (see below).



Josiah's first didn't go as well as we planned but after our neighbor Dona Luzma showed us how it's done. Noe and I did the last two.
I must say I think it was my first and last but it was much worse to watch than to do it. I really tried not to think about it to much.


Okay, I'm gonna stop now but if you are brave enough here are some of the photos. I haven't included anything really bad as I don't really want to look at them again anyway.














Okay I ask you, rubber chicken or not???

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ICK! Could you eat it after?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home